Wednesday, September 19, 2007

MOMMY

I really can not wait for the day that Bubba Love finally starts to talk. At this point, all he is doing is SCREAMING incoherent sounds at me. I'm not sure who is more frustrated. Me, because I don't understand, or him, because he knows what he's screaming. There is nothing like being woken at 5:30am by a toddler screaming, "MOMMY." On your mark, get set, GO!

In the short time I've been getting to sleep at night, I've been dreaming of snow. It's gotten cold and the mornings are chilly and crisp. Autumn is here and it's with impatience that I wait for winter. The dogs seem to know that the season is changing too. They are sleeping outside in their tight little balls, tails tucked under their noses. Both of them covered in dew and frost, but when they finally get up and move around, the ground underneath them steams from their body heat. Both stretch and sing good morning, happy tails wagging in the mist. It's hard not to fall in love with them all over again. Even Daddio, my father, has become smitten.

There are only two more days with my parents. Amazing how quickly I've taken their presence for granted. The extra hands and hugs have been good for all of us. Hope my mother won't mind me screaming, "MOMMY" when she leaves.

No comments: