Friday, August 3, 2007

31 years and counting

I've known Alison since I was 5 years old. In the craziness of life, we've flowed in and out of each other's path for years. Sometimes, unbelievably close and other times, so distanced, living parallel lives without knowing it. The most amazing part of my friendship with her is that we both have our English husbands now. And that we both have a hard time thinking of moving "home." I am beyond grateful for her in my life. I don't know who else I could complain to about "pavement" and "tea time" but her.

She is amazing. She has worked so hard to become so strong. It's obvious in her relationship with her husband, with her daughter (who she raised basically on her own) and with the two beautiful children she's had since. I love this woman. She is so free and so alive.

She has the most beautiful wings.

No comments: