Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Frustration

I'm going to admit that I've been reading the house listings online. It's becoming a slight obsession with me.

I love this house. I don't want to move but I'm starting to become overwhelmed by the work that is involved with an old house. And overwhelmed by the fact that I haven't a decent DIY bone in my body. I see things here that I want to try and fix, but I haven't a clue how to begin. I'm afraid of making something worse and the whole back of the house would fall off or something.

I'm also starting to worry that living in a village like ours is not a good thing if I want to have an extended family of howling Malamutes and Siberians. If you really look at most mushers, they live in remote places, Alaska and Northern Minnesota for example, with neighbours scattered a few miles away. There is something to be said for isolation.

The thought of being so "out there" wasn't an option when we first moved to France. I needed the contact. I needed to learn the language and the learn about the people. But now I'm thinking I need to get back to learning about us and me again. Doing the things that I love doing and being out in the woods with my kids, hubster and dogs.


I really do love this house. I just wish I could move it to the middle of the back of beyond.

No comments: