Friday, July 4, 2008

Hugging A Brit

And since I'm thinking today should be renamed, "Hug Your Favourite Englishman," I'll start by sending a cyber-hug to one of my favourites.

See, today is the 82nd birthday of my father-in-law, Stan. And without a doubt, he is the nicest father-in-law a girl could wish for.

He has always been ever so kind to me and given me the chance to warble on and on to him (and my mother-in-law) about all things from religion, to culture, to raising kids, and dealing with dogs. He's a good soul and one who I'm glad and lucky to be related to.

I like to joke with him and my mother-in-law that when they die, I'm going to take their ashes and spread them in our rose bushes so that when I get picked by a thorn, I'll be reminded of them.

Thing is, we haven't bought the bushes yet. And I'm not planning to any time soon. I rather like being picked on by them in person, over a hot drink in their sun lounge.

So Stan, here's to you on your birthday. I'm looking forward to being with you for many years to come, over of cups of tea by the sea.

2 comments:

hubster dave said...

still not been hugged...

Kitty said...

It may be a little late but would one or more of the American citizens in St. J. de O. please give that Brit a hug. . .