Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Brief Summary of the Merde

It's been quite the eventful week here at the Birth Control Bed & Breakfast. Fortunately for us, we've had the parents here to guard the tribe while Hubster and I do all kinds of fun and festive work.

The highlight being our foray into the world of plumbing and sewage systems.

We had noticed water leaking into the back garden a couple of days ago so while Hubster worked with a ditch witch digging out the trench for the fencing project, I investigated the leak. I dug along and around the flow until I finally reached the source of the problem.

Months of waste water sat blocked in the sewage pipes leading to the village system. Months of you know what lingering and leaking into our garden.

I've always dreamed of having a crash course in "How To Unblock You Own Sewer." In true Dig fashion, I focused on the task at hand and did my best.

Lucky me, I graduated with honors and I've changed my opinion about toilets and what needs to go in them.

After I had finally unblocked the sewer, I gingerly made my way back to the house. Never had a hot shower been so appreciated, perfumed soap so cherished, fresh towels snuggled and wrapped so lovingly around my body.

Hubster, bless his cotton socks, finished the rest of the digging out yesterday. We are now free to flush at will.

I think my parents are still in a little shock over having witnessed this whole scenario. If they didn't think we lived a remote and rural lifestyle, I'm sure they do now.

All I can say is, take heed, friends!

If it's yellow, let it mellow.
If it's brown, flush it down.

2 comments:

magali said...

Never a dull day at your place !

I hope you still had that fancy shampoo for that hot shower ;-)

Sue said...

Ahhh...the virtues of home ownership!