Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taking the Blame

This morning, Rosie had a couple of little English baby books in her hand as we took the big kids to school. She had great fun throwing them around the courtyard, watching the teacher and assistant teacher pick them up, over and over again.

At one point I said to the teacher that maybe Rosie wanted her to keep the books so the class could listen to them during their English lesson.

"English lesson?" The teacher said emphatically. "I stopped giving an English lesson months ago."

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, everytime I tried to say something in English, The Princess and Mini-Husband would start laughing at my accent. It got so bad that I just couldn't face doing it anymore. The rest of the class will just have to wait till next year to learn."

"But, Mini-Husband and The Princess will still be in class with them...."

"Merde. Hadn't thought about that. They may have to wait till college then."

I think I'm going to have to write out apologies to all the other parents of kids in their class:

"Dear Monsieur et Madame Auvergnate: Your child has failed English again this year because my two little snot bags made fun of the teacher's accent. Please find it in your hearts to forgive us. And perhaps you might want to encourage your children to learn German instead?"

3 comments:

Diane said...

Maybe you should offer to teach the english portion of the curriculum. Of course Jack might still make fun of your american accent.

Kirsten said...

GERMAN?! Merde.

hubster dave said...

love this !!!