Monday, March 14, 2011

Go On, I Dare You to Try and Pronounce It


So the latest craze over here at the moment seems to be loads of ados wandering around ice rinks, malls, and parks wearing this:

Yes, that would be a Franklin & Marshall sweatshirt. And what's funny to me is that I'm sure not a single one of these ados have any freakin' idea what Franklin & Marshall is. Which is such a shame because the admissions office of that fine school in Lancaster, PA might be able to tape into a massive influx of international students from this part of France if they knew what was going on.

At first I wondered if there was some sort of exchange program already in place between the local university and F&M, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I just wish I had jumped on the bandwagon sooner and started marketing my own Alma Mater's sweatshirts. Sure, Marquette may be just a bit too easy for French ados to say, but one could have tried, I suppose.

You have no idea how much I want to grab one of those kids and say, "Oh my GOD! Did you go to Franklin & Marshall too?!?!?"

3 comments:

Diane said...

So funny. Why on earth F&M of all schools?

Lanie said...

I love this.. I have these moments all the time! I enjoy your blog. I have only just started mine.. not sure what I'm doing.. but .. I'm doing something. lol

Dig said...

Thanks, Lanie! It's nice to know people can relate! And that's what's so nice about blogging!